This course contain of inflectional and derivational morphological processes , affixation in word formation is discussed in relation to grammatical categories and the structure of English phrases and sentences.
By the end of the course, students must be able to:
1. Identify types of words
2. Identify the different types of morphemes
3. Analyze words morphologically
4. Identify different types of noun and verb phrases
5. Categorize words according to their grammatical functions and positional classes.
6. Identify the different English sentence patterns
7. Write sentences illustrating specific sentence patterns.
- Develop students’ analytical thinking.
- Examine different approaches to grammar.