The Intermediate College of Education for girls in Majmaah was established in 1408 AH, based on a decision issued by the General President of Girls' Education in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The College included the following four departments: Department of Arabic Language, Department of English Language, Department of Mathematics, and Department of Home Economics and Art Education.
Changing its name to be the College of Education for Girls in 1415 AH, the Intermediate College of Education began to award Bachelor's Degree and the duration of the study becomes four years.
New Departments have been opened in the following years such as :
Department of Biology (1417 AH)
Department of Islamic Studies (1418 AH)
Department of Computer Sciences (1423 AH)
Department of Educational Sciences.
When a decree was issued by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud, Prime Minister and Chairman of the Board of Higher Education in the Kingdom, on the 3rd of Ramadan 1430 AH, corresponding to August 24, 2009 to establish the University of Majmaah, the College of Education for girls has been annexed to the new University, under the name of "College of Education".
Since then, the role of the College becomes increasingly vital in serving not only the community but also qualifying teachers of basic education.
Dean of the College of Education in Majmaah
Dr. Majed O aba-Hussein