Introduction to the Renaissance/ Medieval/background/Elizabethan Theatres/Shakespeare's background/ kinds of plays/Background of drama as a genre/Influences on
Shakespeare that added to his genius.
- Read Shakespeare's individual plays.
- Discuss the characteristics of drama as a literary genre as well as a theatrical event
- Discuss Elizabethan concepts and the age of the Renaissance
- Analyze the language, techniques, characters and themes of a Shakespearean
- comedy and tragedy
- Deliver oral presentations about the age, the playwright, or the genre.
- Write essays about the assigned plays
- Knowledge of individual Shakespearian plays.
- Knowledge of Shakespeare's language(prose/verse)
- Knowledge of Medieval English- as well as Classical (Greek and Roman) heritage
- Knowledge of characteristics of a Shakespearian comedy and tragedy
- A general knowledge of the intellectual, social, religious, historical issues of theRenaissance