This course aims at teaching the general principles of paragraph and essay writing. This includes brainstorming, the topic sentence, the supporting sentences, the introduction and the supporting paragraphs, respectively, as well as the conclusion. Special attention is given to making proper lexical choices and minimizing mother-language interference.
It is expected that after successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Write grammatically correct sentences.
- Compose effective and well organized paragraphs with relevant & required details.
- Apply accurate capitalization and punctuation in writing.
- Understand and use grammatical structures effectively in their writings.
- Communicate in writing to provide information and ideas with accuracy.