This course contain of the fundamental stages of language development from a phonological, morphological, semantic, syntactic, and pragmatic perspectives , How language evolves and changes , and The basic principles of language-learning strategies .
1. Define the basic concepts related to fist language acquisition
2. Explain the major theoretical approaches to first language acquisition.
4. Identify the various stages of language development.
5. Explain the various stages of development in the different aspects of language: phonological, semantic, grammatical (morphological; syntactic), and pragmatic aspects.
6. Identify the universal language learning strategies..
The student will have the ability to examine how the language of a child develops.
Collecting and analyzing data on their own and making their own generalizations about child’s language development