Goals of this course:
- Comprehend the central idea and important details of a speech related to professional, social & academic topics.
- Differentiate between relevant and irrelevant material in short lectures in order to practice effective note-taking.
- Compose and present talks and speeches with clear pronunciation and accurate use of complex grammatical structures.
- Evaluate and express opinions on themes introduced while listening.
- Use a wide variety of concrete and abstract vocabulary when discussing different topics.
- Choose language that is situational and culturally appropriate