Academic advising is the process of providing aid to students to improve their academic performance, discover their skills, solve their academic life problems, and introduce them to study regulations and learning ethics.
Academic advising committee tasks:
- Create a file for each student that includes all her details
- Explain in details the student’s study plan and regulations of credit hours.
- Explain graduation requirements
- Evaluate students’ performance based the academic feedback to ensure their success in their study
- Explain the rules of major changing, add/drop and withdraw from a course
- Solve students’ problems such as course management, time management, skills of study and exam preparation